What is Educate! about? 5 Foundations
We Put Youth First - The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means we don’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means we use our time and your time wisely and mindfully to get the most out of every hour. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does!
We Are Always Learning - When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
We Only Solve a Problem Once - We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
We Are Flexible - We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
We Exceed Expectations - We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!
Every person at Educate! -- from interns to the Executive Director -- is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.At Educate!, your work translates directly into better lives for youth in Uganda and beyond.
Why you’ll brag about working at Educate!:
● Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
● We’ve got the impact. Our impact evaluation found that Educate! Graduates have double the income of their peers.
● We quadrupled in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served.
● Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda -- we worked hard to engage the government, and our efforts paid off! Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
● We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
● We believe in local leadership -- 96% of our staff is Ugandan.We’re ambitious. Are you?
Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers -- and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
No open jobs at this moment